- Avoid drinking milk* on an empty stomach or in too large quantities;
- Spread the consumption of milk over time;
- Consume other foods at the same time;
- Include milk in other food preparations (mashed potatoes, rice, semolina…);
- Favour consumption of yoghurts and ripened cheeses.
- Otherwise, for those who have real difficulties, lactose free milks exist as well as pharmaceutical preparations containing the enzyme lactase.
* Whole milk is better tolerated than skimmed milk because of slower gastric emptying. The following products are ranked from less to better tolerated: skimmed milk.