Dairy actors around the world have been actively engaged over the years in improving the farming and processing of milk and dairy foods. The 2nd annual IDF Dairy Innovation Awards are designed to encourage and celebrate innovative practices across the dairy sector and their contribution to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The IDF Dairy Innovation Awards are designed to demonstrate the engagement and dynamism of the dairy sector worldwide, offering a unique platform to showcase innovative processes, practices and products that improve efficiency and contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The IDF Dairy Innovation Awards are hosted by the International Dairy Federation in partnership with world-leading food and drinks consultancy Zenith Global, with Headline sponsorship from Tetra Pak – a global leader in food processing and packaging solutions company.
In its inaugural edition, the IDF Dairy Innovation Awards received 144 entries with participation from every continent worldwide, which shows that the Dairy Sector’s commitment with innovation and sustainability has no boundaries and may be found in every link of the milk and dairying production chain.
The awards will open for entries on 15 March and will run until 1 June 2023. Winners will be announced on 16 October in a dedicated awards ceremony at the IDF World Dairy Summit in Chicago, USA.
- Innovation in sustainable farming practices: a) environment, b) animal care, c) socio-economic
- Innovation in sustainable processing
- Innovation in sustainable packaging
- Innovation in new product development with focus on food safety and consumer nutrition
- Innovation in Women empowerment in the dairy sector
- Innovation in Climate Action
- Innovation in Marketing & Communication initiative building dairy category