Share this page
Each year we publish an Annual Report, which outlines the major progress our organisation and our global network of IDF members have made against our mission over the previous year, as well as IDF’s financial position.
IDF continues to strengthen its relationship with key stakeholders across the chain, solidifying IDFs position as the voice for our industry globally. The strong strategic partnerships forged with bodies such as Codex Alimentarius, the World Health Organisation (WHO) and other intergovernmental agencies as representatives of the dairy sector continue to grow in strength. We see dynamic engagement with our colleagues from the livestock sector also continues, including with the Global Alliance for Sustainable Livestock (GASL) and Livestock Environmental Assessment Performance Partnership (LEAP), which I had the honour of chairing in 2019.
The IDF Annual Report also provides an accounting of IDF’s organisation, structure, membership, as well as the Federation’.
Over the past 12 months, we have continued to prioritise and support the dairy sector on vital work to:
- Ensure dairy is recognised as an essential component in sustainable food systems and healthy diets, and how milk and dairy foods are delivering on the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Play a central role in developing and collaborating on global standards that build greater confidence, consistency and transparency within the dairy sector and beyond
- Contribute to vital standard setting and scientific advice to Intergovernmental organizations
- Respond to the sector’s call for expertise on a range of sectoral issues, including antimicrobial resistance, sustainable agriculture and nutrition and animal welfare
- Ensuring that IDF’s programme of work remains relevant to the evolving market realities and needs of the dairy sector, balancing scientific integrity and industry applicability
- Remaining alert to developments globally that may affect the dairy sector and equipping our members with the information they need to respond.
Our Annual Reports show the Federation’s achievements according to the work program focusing on our four priority areas, and identifies key accomplishments in the areas of standards, nutrition, food safety and quality as well as sustainability