Share this page
Our current vacancies
This senior role will be to contribute to the communications and public relations activities across all areas of the organization. You will contribute to the strategic aims of the IDF through high quality communications and engagement. You will play a key role to ensure efficient flow of information between IDF and its members as well as promoting the science and technology that underpins the dairy sector and its activities. You will need to be mature, politically astute, with the ability to build relationships and networks across a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Strategic communications and engagement direction, planning and execution
• Communications with IDF members
• Proactive and reactive media management
• Website management and corporate publications
• Branding and corporate identity
- Coordination with Science & Standard Program Managers and other team members
- Professional qualification or relevant experience
- Educated to Masters or Honors level in relevant subject or equivalent level of experience
- Significant evidence of continued professional development
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in communications and some management experience
- Proven experience of working collaboratively with a range of external and public organizations, including governmental and non-governmental organizations
- Experience with international organizations an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of planning, implementing and evaluating communication strategies
- Up to date knowledge of a broad range of current communication practices, tools and techniques to support the above
Skills and capabilities
- Strong external communication skills, with experience of handling media and political relationships
- Exceptional communicator, able to create impact and demonstrate proactive relationship management
- Excellent written and oral English. Ability to write and speak French or other languages is an advantage
Values and Behaviors
- Demonstrable commitment to and focus on quality
- Values diversity and difference, operates with integrity and openness
- Works across boundaries, looks for collective success, listens, involves, respects and learns from the contribution of others
- Uses evidence to make improvements, seeks out innovation
- Actively develops themselves and others
- Self-awareness in terms of emotional intelligence, biases and personal triggers with cultural sensitivity and awareness
- Demonstrable commitment to partnership working with a range of external organizations
Position is based at the IDF Head Office in Brussels. Salary and benefits are market comparable.
For interested candidates, please submit your curriculum and motivation letter by October 18, 2021 to: [email protected]
The position offers an excellent experience to those with an interest in international standard setting and the linking of policy and technical work. We offer an interesting, dynamic and international work environment and insight into the functioning of an international federation. The successful candidate will work within our Science and Standards Programme department.
The placement could be in our office in Brussels, within a cross-functional and international team and provides a unique opportunity to engage with a dynamic sector.
Position Purpose and responsibilities
The Science officer shall be responsible for assisting the Science & Standard Programme managers (PM) in the developing, implementing, monitoring, following-up and reporting on the IDF Programme of Work.
The Science officer shall be responsible for the following duties:
- Monitor, analyse and evaluate the impact of standards and policy developments of identified Codex Committees,
- Coordinate position papers, reports and other publications,
- Inform IDF members, support and steer the activities of our related working groups,
- Monitoring activities from relevant international organizations to identify adequate action within IDF in consultation with the relevant Programme manager,
- Communicating developments on an on-going basis to other IDF staff colleague
Knowledge and experience
The Science officer shall have the following education and skills:
- 1-3 years of professional experience,
- Dairy engineer or food scientist or equivalent qualification and experience,
- Good oral and written communication skills in English (other languages are a further asset),
- A background or knowledge in food / health science, or in national food regulatory entities or international organizations would be preferred,
- Knowledge of information technology and MS-Windows based applications (Office),
- Good organisational and analytical skills, ability to prioritise, respect tight deadlines and work well under pressure,
- Flexible and dynamic team player.
The Science officer shall report to the Scientific and Standards Programme managers.
This is a one-year contract position (Belgian CDD 38 hours a week- if based in Belgium). Extension possible. Starting date: January 2022.
The position could be based at the IDF Head Office in Brussels, but this is open for discussion. For interested candidates, please submit your curriculum and motivation letter by October 18, 2021 to: [email protected]
Our Annual Reports show the Federation’s achievements according to the work program focusing on our four priority areas, and identifies key accomplishments in the areas of standards, nutrition, food safety and quality as well as sustainability
Past Annual Reports
Bulletin of the IDF N° 506/2020: The World Dairy Situation 2020
Annual survey containing information on milk and dairy production, processing, companies, consumption, trade,....